EmbDev.net

Forum: FPGA, VHDL & Verilog fpga for solar inverter and power electronics


Author: Mah F. (engma)
Posted on:

Rate this post
0 useful
not useful
I want to but FPGA for usage in power electronics generally and solar 
inverter. it should has the following features


1- parallel operations (drive more than one inverter at the same time)
2- interface with simulink matlab
3-the processor should support floating point
could you please recommend me one?

Author: Tim (Guest)
Posted on:

Rate this post
0 useful
not useful
1- every FPGA.

For 2,3 look in your toolchain

Author: Lothar M. (lkmiller) (Moderator)
Posted on:

Rate this post
0 useful
not useful
Mah F. wrote:
> could you please recommend me one?
Why a FPGA? This is a simple task for a cheap mikrocontroller.

> power electronics generally and solar inverter. it should has the
> following features
> 1- parallel operations (drive more than one inverter at the same time)
> 2- interface with simulink matlab
> 3-the processor should support floating point
> could you please recommend me one?
Is this for a real life project or just for "digging around and spending 
some time" on university?

> it should has the following features
> 1 ... 2 ... 3 ...
Who defined that?

> 3-the processor should support floating point
Why do you need FP for fairly simple things?

Author: Holger (Guest)
Posted on:

Rate this post
0 useful
not useful
Lothar M. wrote:
>> 3-the processor should support floating point
> Why do you need FP for fairly simple things?

well, this could be the answer for

Lothar M. wrote:
> Is this for a real life project or just for "digging around and spending
> some time" on university?

:-)

Reply

Entering an e-mail address is optional. If you want to receive reply notifications by e-mail, please log in.

Rules — please read before posting

  • Post long source code as attachment, not in the text
  • Posting advertisements is forbidden.

Formatting options

  • [c]C code[/c]
  • [avrasm]AVR assembler code[/avrasm]
  • [vhdl]VHDL code[/vhdl]
  • [code]code in other languages, ASCII drawings[/code]
  • [math]formula (LaTeX syntax)[/math]




Bild automatisch verkleinern, falls nötig
Note: the original post is older than 6 months. Please don't ask any new questions in this thread, but start a new one.