FPGA Nexys 2 Spartan 3E Timer with buzzer

Guest #4876805
Rate this post
• ▲ useful
▼ not useful
Hi!
I am trying to create a timer that counts down from 6 to 0 and then 
activates a buzzer. I am using the 50MHz clock on the board and divide 
the frequency to 1/60 Hz so that the counter (connected to the 7seg 
display) counts down in minutes. This part works.
I am also dividing the 50MHz clock on the board to get a frequency to 
send to the buzzer, but the buzzer will not activate. I am using the L15 
pin and GND on the board for the buzzer. I have tried a range of 
400-4000 Hz.
Any ideas as to why the buzzer won't activate? The buzzer is working 
since I tried connecting it to a 3.3V pin and it activated.
Moderator (Company: Titel) #4876945
Rate this post
• ▲ useful
▼ not useful
Katja wrote:
> Any ideas as to why the buzzer won't activate?
Maybe there's a problem inside the unknown code.

Katja wrote:
> The buzzer is working since I tried connecting it to a 3.3V pin and it
> activated.
Does "activated" mean "beeped"?
So maybe it is an active buzzer that simply needs a supply and not a 
AC- or pulse-signal.

Katja wrote:
> The buzzer is working since I tried connecting it to a 3.3V pin and it
> activated.
How much current needs this buzzer? More than a FPGA pin is able to 
source?


But first question is: is the simulation ok and running fine?
What? You didn't simulate?
Well, know: the simulator is the debugger in a hardware design. And your 
kind of design is easily simulated as most of the stimulus is a clock 
with 50MHz...

Reply

Note: the original post is older than 6 months. Please don't ask any new questions in this thread, but start a new one.

Formatting
  • [c]C-Code[/c]
  • [vhdl]VHDL-Code[/vhdl]
  • [code]code in other languages, ASCII drawings[/code]
  • [math]formula (LaTeX syntax)[/math]
  • [[Title]] – link to an article
  • Link to another post: right-click its post ID (#8078628), copy the address, paste it into the text

More about formatting

Post long source code as an attachment, not in the text.

Already registered? Log in

Not shown to anyone. We send you a link; your post appears once you confirm it there.

By submitting you create a free account and accept the terms of use.