Xilinx Custom IP accessing 16-bit bram

Guest #5405292
Rate this post
• ▲ useful
▼ not useful
Hello,

I have used Xilinx core generator to synthesize a bram with width of 16 
bit and depth of 80k, resulting a 17-bit address. Let's call them 
bram_data, and bram_addr.

I am connecting the bram to PLB bus which has 32-bit address 
(Bus2IP_Addr) and 32-bit data (Bus2IP_Data).

I am not sure how to connect those two together since I don't understand 
if the address is not at the 32-bit boundary:

(1) Does Bus2IP_Addr contains the requested address (0x2 for example), 
or the closest 32-bit boundary (0x0 for example).

(2) Does Bus2IP_Data contains the data at 0x2, or data at 0x0 ?

I have tried all the combinations I could think of but nothing seems to 
work.

thank you very much.

Reply

Note: the original post is older than 6 months. Please don't ask any new questions in this thread, but start a new one.

Formatting
  • [c]C-Code[/c]
  • [vhdl]VHDL-Code[/vhdl]
  • [code]code in other languages, ASCII drawings[/code]
  • [math]formula (LaTeX syntax)[/math]
  • [[Title]] – link to an article
  • Link to another post: right-click its post ID (#8078628), copy the address, paste it into the text

More about formatting

Post long source code as an attachment, not in the text.

Already registered? Log in

Not shown to anyone. We send you a link; your post appears once you confirm it there.

By submitting you create a free account and accept the terms of use.