Xilinx's RAM

Guest #5039647
Rate this post
• ▲ useful
▼ not useful
Hello, im new on this forum.
Im trying to learn how to use a extern DDR2 RAM that my Virtex 5 have. I 
honestly dont know the step by step. I do this to learn how to use the 
FPGA in order to gaining experience for a future proyect. The most 
difficult module that i used was the Display and works fine.
Im using ISE 14.7
With the DDR2 RAM the only thing i did was creating the file that Core 
Generator Tool provides after the first configuration.
I had a problem there: i couldnt assign all the ports but i was able to 
create the file anyway. Now i'm not shure what to do next. I'd apreciate 
any help that someone can provide or some tip to follow.

Sorry but im a little lost in this subject.

I have a Virtex 5, XC5VLX50T.

Thank you!

Reply

Note: the original post is older than 6 months. Please don't ask any new questions in this thread, but start a new one.

Formatting
  • [c]C-Code[/c]
  • [vhdl]VHDL-Code[/vhdl]
  • [code]code in other languages, ASCII drawings[/code]
  • [math]formula (LaTeX syntax)[/math]
  • [[Title]] – link to an article
  • Link to another post: right-click its post ID (#8078628), copy the address, paste it into the text

More about formatting

Post long source code as an attachment, not in the text.

Already registered? Log in

Not shown to anyone. We send you a link; your post appears once you confirm it there.

By submitting you create a free account and accept the terms of use.