John As wrote:
> I'm new for ARM controllers. so first of all I need to know about
> startup code of ARM.if any one can give me basic information about
> writing startup files so it would be help full for me.
> or can give me any link for the same..
Did you even try to search for information on this topic or to
understand available example-codes with startup? This forum is not a
You did not mention:
- ARM-core (i.e. startup of Cortex-M3 is different from ARM7TDMI)
- controller (i.e. the init for the interrupt-system is different
depending if there is a interrupt-controller and which one)
- toolchain (since for most cores some assembly-code is needed and the
directives are toolchain-specific, the starup-code usually uses some
information created by the linker, also toolchain-specific)
You may look for example:
- the "arm bare-metal" tutorial from embedded.com
- Example-applications from controller- and compiler-manufactures
- the AT91 Application notes on startup from Atmel
- Application notes from other vendors.
Even if you use another compiler/toolchain or another controller you
will get the basic idea what has do be done during startup and how to
setup the interrupt-system. If you still have problems please ask more