EmbDev.net

Forum: ARM programming with GCC/GNU tools build a Datalogger


Author: Super Mario (techbuddy)
Posted on:

Rate this post
0 useful
not useful
Hello all

I am making a RS232 - datalogger for my MasterThesis in the university.
My environment is
BDI2000 debugger
GNU toolchain - WinARM
AT91RM9200-EK

The work is simply to take input signals from the USART port and send it
to the SD card.
Can anyone please answer the following quesitons ?

1. I have u-boot running on my board. Is there a way to achieve my goal
by just using the u-boot. I am using FAT system on the SD card.
2. Is using Linux image a good idea. If yes . where can I find the linux
Image for my arm board ?
3. how can i debug u-boot using the BDI2000 ?
4. I used Windows Hyperterminal to download the basic Atmel examples and
it runs fine.. how can i use minicom to do it ? i configured it for 8N1
and xmodem /dev/ttyS0 but i dont see anyting which i could see throh
hyperterminal in windows
5. With the Atmel MCI sample code, i can recognise my SD card but cannot
save anyting .of course due to unavilaiblity of the FAT drivers. How can
i solve it ?

Regards

Tutu

Author: Andy Kunz (andykunz)
Posted on:

Rate this post
0 useful
not useful
> 5. With the Atmel MCI sample code, i can recognise my SD card but cannot
> save anyting .of course due to unavilaiblity of the FAT drivers. How can
> i solve it ?

http://www.efsl.be/

Andy

Author: Fordp (Guest)
Posted on:

Rate this post
0 useful
not useful
Andy Kunz wrote:
>> 5. With the Atmel MCI sample code, i can recognise my SD card but cannot
>> save anyting .of course due to unavilaiblity of the FAT drivers. How can
>> i solve it ?
>
> http://www.efsl.be/
>
> Andy

This website looks down.

Maybe try :- http://sourceforge.net/projects/efsl/

Author: Super Mario (techbuddy)
Posted on:

Rate this post
0 useful
not useful
Fordp wrote:
> Andy Kunz wrote:
>>> 5. With the Atmel MCI sample code, i can recognise my SD card but cannot
>>> save anyting .of course due to unavilaiblity of the FAT drivers. How can
>>> i solve it ?
>>
>> http://www.efsl.be/
>>
>> Andy
>
> This website looks down.
>
> Maybe try :- http://sourceforge.net/projects/efsl/

the website looks fine, except that the code is for ARM7 and also SPI.
the SD card is on MCI on the Atmel ARM9 board. Looks this wouldnt help
me much !

Author: Andy Kunz (andykunz)
Posted on:

Rate this post
0 useful
not useful
> the website looks fine, except that the code is for ARM7 and also SPI.
> the SD card is on MCI on the Atmel ARM9 board. Looks this wouldnt help
> me much !

It's a heck of a lot less work to adapt the physical interface than to
write the FAT drivers, no?

Andy

Reply

Entering an e-mail address is optional. If you want to receive reply notifications by e-mail, please log in.

Rules — please read before posting

  • Post long source code as attachment, not in the text
  • Posting advertisements is forbidden.

Formatting options

  • [c]C code[/c]
  • [avrasm]AVR assembler code[/avrasm]
  • [code]code in other languages, ASCII drawings[/code]
  • [math]formula (LaTeX syntax)[/math]




Bild automatisch verkleinern, falls nötig
Note: the original post is older than 6 months. Please don't ask any new questions in this thread, but start a new one.