EmbDev.net

Forum: ARM programming with GCC/GNU tools AT91sam7x ek with Eclipse


Author: Rick (Guest)
Posted on:

Rate this post
0 useful
not useful
Hello Hello,

I'm testing with the AT91SAM7xek evaluation kit. My final object will be
communicating via Ethernet using TCP/IP.

My first projects I made in IAR. Now I reached the 32kb compiler code
limitation. Therefore I started with Eclipse. I can compile code, when I
make the makefile myself. Now I'm trying to generate Eclipse my
makefile. Therefore I have installed the plugin ARM Realview Compiler.
When I like to make a project, I get the following in my console:


make -k pre-build main-build
make -v
GNU Make 3.80
Copyright (C) 2002  Free Software Foundation, Inc.
This is free software; see the source for copying conditions.
There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A
PARTICULAR PURPOSE.

Building file: ../main.c
Invoking: ARM RealView Compiler
armcc --debug -c --depend=main.d --apcs=interwork -O0 --diag_style=ide
--brief_diagnostics --depend_format=unix_escaped -o"main.o" "../main.c"
&& \
echo Generated dependency file main.d
/bin/sh: armcc: command not found
make: *** [main.o] Error 127
make: Target `main-build' not remade because of errors.
Build complete for project testproject


What goes wrong? Proparably armcc is not found, how can I solve this?
Maybe there is a better plugin for generating a makefile for the
at91sam7x256?

Greetz, Rick

Author: Stefan (Guest)
Posted on:

Rate this post
0 useful
not useful
Did you expand the PATH for the ARM RealView Compiler binaries?

ARM RealView Compiler (RealView Development Suite) runs on
* Windows 2000, XP Professional
* Red Hat Enterprise Linux 3, 4
* SPARC Solaris 9, 10

On Windows you can expand the PATH like in
http://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000549.htm

On Linux change or create /etc/profile.local (Suse) or ~/.<shell>rc
PATH=AdditionalPath:$PATH
export PATH

Author: Rick (Guest)
Posted on:

Rate this post
0 useful
not useful
Stefan wrote:
> Did you expand the PATH for the ARM RealView Compiler binaries?
>
> ARM RealView Compiler (RealView Development Suite) runs on
> * Windows 2000, XP Professional
> * Red Hat Enterprise Linux 3, 4
> * SPARC Solaris 9, 10
>
> On Windows you can expand the PATH like in
> http://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000549.htm
>
> On Linux change or create /etc/profile.local (Suse) or ~/.<shell>rc
> PATH=AdditionalPath:$PATH
> export PATH


A part of my path is at the moment:
c:\cygwin\bin;C:\cygwin\usr\local\bin;c:\program
files\gnuarm\bin;C:\MinGW\bin;

What exactly must I add to my path?

Author: Stefan (Guest)
Posted on:

Rate this post
0 useful
not useful
> /bin/sh: armcc: command not found
> What exactly must I add to my path?

When you want do work with Exlipse plugin ARM Realview Compiler, then
you have to add the directory where armcc.exe is stored.

When you want to use GnuARM (c:\program files\gnuarm\bin is in PATH...
maybe GnuARM is installed), then you need a Eclipse CDT plugin which has
commands for GnuARM calls but not for ARM Realview Compiler calls. I've
not enough knowledge to explain how to make such a plugin.

The YAGARTO toolchain for Windows has a complete ARM-GCC compiler suite
plus a suitable Eclipse CDT plugin for this toolchain.

Author: Rick (Guest)
Posted on:

Rate this post
0 useful
not useful
Stefan wrote:
>> /bin/sh: armcc: command not found
>> What exactly must I add to my path?
>
> When you want do work with Exlipse plugin ARM Realview Compiler, then
> you have to add the directory where armcc.exe is stored.
>
> When you want to use GnuARM (c:\program files\gnuarm\bin is in PATH...
> maybe GnuARM is installed), then you need a Eclipse CDT plugin which has
> commands for GnuARM calls but not for ARM Realview Compiler calls. I've
> not enough knowledge to explain how to make such a plugin.
>
> The YAGARTO toolchain for Windows has a complete ARM-GCC compiler suite
> plus a suitable Eclipse CDT plugin for this toolchain.

Alright thank you

I hope somebody else here has experience with a plugin GnuARM.
The CDT plugin I already installed, so I can make c projects.

Author: Stefan (Guest)
Posted on:

Rate this post
0 useful
not useful
> I hope somebody else here has experience with a plugin GnuARM.
> The CDT plugin I already installed, so I can make c projects.

Search on Google:

http://gnuarmeclipse.sourceforge.net/
http://www.embeddedrelated.com/groups/lpc2000/show/2797.php
http://www.sparkfun.com/tutorial/ARM/ARM_Cross_Dev...

Author: Rick (Guest)
Posted on:

Rate this post
0 useful
not useful
Stefan wrote:
>> I hope somebody else here has experience with a plugin GnuARM.
>> The CDT plugin I already installed, so I can make c projects.
>
> Search on Google:
>
> http://gnuarmeclipse.sourceforge.net/

Today I downloaded it, and I have installed it, but it does not make the
makefile itselfs.

> http://www.embeddedrelated.com/groups/lpc2000/show/2797.php
> http://www.sparkfun.com/tutorial/ARM/ARM_Cross_Dev...

In the beginning I have followed an other pdf for the ARM cross
development with Eclipse. It works!
Now I'm searching how to generate the makefile by Eclipse.

Author: Rick (Guest)
Posted on:

Rate this post
0 useful
not useful
Of course I can write my own makefile. The problem is that I don't have
lot experience with it.

My next question is has anybody experience with this for ucos on the
AT91SAM7xek?

At the website from micrium (http://www.micrium.com/atmel/AT91SAM7.html)
you can download a project with ucos, but this project is for IAR.

I like to compile it in Eclipse (because of the 32kb compiler limitation
from IAR kickstart).

You can help me?

Regards, Rick

Author: Rick (Guest)
Posted on:

Rate this post
0 useful
not useful
Eclipse is now working with the plugin from soruceforge!

> http://gnuarmeclipse.sourceforge.net/

Now my question, has somebody a crt.s file for the AT91SAM7x256??
I have wrote one by myself, but interrupts are not working.

Regards, Rick

Reply

Entering an e-mail address is optional. If you want to receive reply notifications by e-mail, please log in.

Rules — please read before posting

  • Post long source code as attachment, not in the text
  • Posting advertisements is forbidden.

Formatting options

  • [c]C code[/c]
  • [avrasm]AVR assembler code[/avrasm]
  • [code]code in other languages, ASCII drawings[/code]
  • [math]formula (LaTeX syntax)[/math]




Bild automatisch verkleinern, falls nötig
Note: the original post is older than 6 months. Please don't ask any new questions in this thread, but start a new one.