EmbDev.net

Forum: ARM programming with GCC/GNU tools Can't build WinARM samples on YAGARTO


Author: jdupre (Guest)
Posted on:

Rate this post
0 useful
not useful
I am trying out the YAGARTO toolchain with Eclipse, but I can't get the
WinARM sample applications to compile.  Following is a snipet of the
errors I get with the BasicUSB sample project.

It appears that the makefile can't call the "echo" command.  Any idea
why this doesn't work under YAGARTO???




make -k all
process_begin: CreateProcess(NULL, echo, ...) failed.
make (e=2): The system cannot find the file specified.

make: *** [begin] Error 2
arm-elf-gcc (GCC) 4.1.1
Copyright (C) 2006 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
This is free software; see the source for copying conditions.  There is
NO
warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR
PURPOSE.

process_begin: CreateProcess(NULL, echo, ...) failed.
make (e=2): The system cannot find the file specified.

make: *** [../compil/SrcWinARM/Cstartup.o] Error 2
process_begin: CreateProcess(NULL, echo, ...) failed.
make (e=2): The system cannot find the file specified.

make: *** [interrupt_Usart.o] Error 2
process_begin: CreateProcess(NULL, echo, ...) failed.
make (e=2): The system cannot find the file specified.

make: *** [../compil/SrcWinARM/Cstartup_SAM7.o] Error 2
process_begin: CreateProcess(NULL, echo, ...) failed.
make (e=2): The system cannot find the file specified.

make: *** [main.o] Error 2
process_begin: CreateProcess(NULL, echo, ...) failed.
make (e=2): The system cannot find the file specified.

make: *** [cdc_enumerate.o] Error 2
process_begin: CreateProcess(NULL, echo, ...) failed.
make (e=2): The system cannot find the file specified.

Author: Martin Thomas (Guest)
Posted on:

Rate this post
0 useful
not useful
jdupre wrote:
> I am trying out the YAGARTO toolchain with Eclipse, but I can't get the
> WinARM sample applications to compile.  Following is a snipet of the
> errors I get with the BasicUSB sample project.
>
> It appears that the makefile can't call the "echo" command.  Any idea
> why this doesn't work under YAGARTO???

echo.exe is part of the WinARM "build-utilities" (standard location
c:\WinARM\utils\bin). I don't know if Yagarto includes this too. If you
don't have WinARM (or WinAVR) installed check
http://unxutils.sourceforge.net/ there is an echo.exe in one of the
archives. Place the file in the same directory as the make.exe installed
by Yagarto.

For a simple workaround you may just delete all "information lines"
which use echo from the makefile.

Martin Thomas

Author: jdupre (Guest)
Posted on:

Rate this post
0 useful
not useful
Martin Thomas wrote:
> echo.exe is part of the WinARM "build-utilities" (standard location
> c:\WinARM\utils\bin). I don't know if Yagarto includes this too. If you
> don't have WinARM (or WinAVR) installed check
> http://unxutils.sourceforge.net/ there is an echo.exe in one of the
> archives. Place the file in the same directory as the make.exe installed
> by Yagarto.

Yes, that seems to be the problem.  But why would I need echo.exe, when
echo is a built in DOS command?  (I can type in "@echo Print some text."
at the command line and it works fine.)

-Joe

Author: Scott Kirkpatrick (skirkpatrick)
Posted on:

Rate this post
0 useful
not useful
jdupre wrote:
> Martin Thomas wrote:
>> echo.exe is part of the WinARM "build-utilities" (standard location
>> c:\WinARM\utils\bin). I don't know if Yagarto includes this too. If you
>> don't have WinARM (or WinAVR) installed check
>> http://unxutils.sourceforge.net/ there is an echo.exe in one of the
>> archives. Place the file in the same directory as the make.exe installed
>> by Yagarto.
>
> Yes, that seems to be the problem.  But why would I need echo.exe, when
> echo is a built in DOS command?  (I can type in "@echo Print some text."
> at the command line and it works fine.)
>
> -Joe

Joe,

I had the same problem and figured out the solution.  Evidently Window's
echo command doesn't like a few things that the other version does.
This is what I did to fix the problem (although I'll probably get the
unxutils version):

1) Add a new MSG string
MSG_BLANK = " "

2) Change all blank echo lines '@echo' to '@echo $(MSG_BLANK)'   (ignore
single quotes)

3) Change all MSG strings to have double quotes at the begin and end of
the strings.


Scott

Reply

Entering an e-mail address is optional. If you want to receive reply notifications by e-mail, please log in.

Rules — please read before posting

  • Post long source code as attachment, not in the text
  • Posting advertisements is forbidden.

Formatting options

  • [c]C code[/c]
  • [avrasm]AVR assembler code[/avrasm]
  • [code]code in other languages, ASCII drawings[/code]
  • [math]formula (LaTeX syntax)[/math]




Bild automatisch verkleinern, falls nötig
Note: the original post is older than 6 months. Please don't ask any new questions in this thread, but start a new one.