EmbDev.net

Forum: ARM programming with GCC/GNU tools libc


Author: Joe McCarron (Guest)
Posted on:

Rate this post
0 useful
not useful
Is the libc source code available that WinArm uses.
I've tried FSF and couldnt find it.

Thanks
Joe McCarron

Author: Martin Thomas (Guest)
Posted on:

Rate this post
0 useful
not useful
Joe McCarron wrote:
> Is the libc source code available that WinArm uses.
> I've tried FSF and couldnt find it.

This question is already answered in the WinARM-readme. Anyway. The libc
(and libm) in WinARM is the newlib (as in GNUARM, Yagarto and other
precompiled toolchains using the GNU arm-elf compiler).

Source available at ftp://sources.redhat.com/pub/newlib/index.html.

WinARM 6/06 uses newlib version 1.14.0 as from the redhat ftp-server.
With one modification: the stdio.h has been replaced by the one from the
newlib CVS since some prototypes (i.e. siscanf) are missing in the
stdio.h of the 1.14.0 "release" (see WinARM-readme).

Martin Thomas

Author: Joe McCarron (Guest)
Posted on:

Rate this post
0 useful
not useful
Martin Thomas wrote:
> Joe McCarron wrote:
>> Is the libc source code available that WinArm uses.
>> I've tried FSF and couldnt find it.
>
> This question is already answered in the WinARM-readme. Anyway. The libc
> (and libm) in WinARM is the newlib (as in GNUARM, Yagarto and other
>
> Martin Thomas

I'll try to get to know my way around better.
I am new to WinArm, makefiles etc... Thanks for your patience.

Joe

Author: Martin Thomas (Guest)
Posted on:

Rate this post
0 useful
not useful
Joe McCarron wrote:
> Martin Thomas wrote:
>> Joe McCarron wrote:
>>> Is the libc source code available that WinArm uses.
>>> I've tried FSF and couldnt find it.
>>
>> This question is already answered in the WinARM-readme. Anyway. The libc
>> (and libm) in WinARM is the newlib (as in GNUARM, Yagarto and other
>>
>> Martin Thomas
>
> I'll try to get to know my way around better.
> I am new to WinArm, makefiles etc... Thanks for your patience.

Don't worry. Please ask if there are problems. Just read the WinARM
readme-text and search this forum before asking. A lot of
"beginner-questions" have already  been answered.

Martin Thomas

Reply

Entering an e-mail address is optional. If you want to receive reply notifications by e-mail, please log in.

Rules — please read before posting

  • Post long source code as attachment, not in the text
  • Posting advertisements is forbidden.

Formatting options

  • [c]C code[/c]
  • [avrasm]AVR assembler code[/avrasm]
  • [code]code in other languages, ASCII drawings[/code]
  • [math]formula (LaTeX syntax)[/math]




Bild automatisch verkleinern, falls nötig
Note: the original post is older than 6 months. Please don't ask any new questions in this thread, but start a new one.