EmbDev.net

Forum: ARM programming with GCC/GNU tools Linux compatible GCC, ld script stuff Martin?


Author: David Farrell (davidjf2001)
Posted on:

Rate this post
0 useful
not useful
I know this is WinARM, but I am using linux with to
compile Martin's excellent examples (thanks) with some
minor annoyances like include filename lower/upper case
issues. Would you (Martin) be willing to patch files
to fix these or would you prefer to leace things as
they are. I would be willing to provide patch files and
linux testing.

Also, my personal annoyance is having memory space defined
in multiple locations. I prefer that the linker script define
exact locations and C and ASM to use globals defined
in the linker script to reference the memory boundaries as
needed.

__STACKLOC = ORIGIN(STACK) + LENGTH(STACK);

Is there some issue with WinARM that precludes this?

I am also building the includes and scripts for LPC288X and
the ARM9 side of TI Davinci and would be willing to submit
your examples as ported to these with GCC.

Regards,

David.

Author: Martin Thomas (Guest)
Posted on:

Rate this post
0 useful
not useful
David Farrell wrote:
> I know this is WinARM, but I am using linux with to
> compile Martin's excellent examples (thanks) with some
> minor annoyances like include filename lower/upper case
> issues. Would you (Martin) be willing to patch files
> to fix these or would you prefer to leace things as
> they are. I would be willing to provide patch files and
> linux testing.

Don't worry about the "WinARM" in the forum-name. WinARM is just a
collection with the GNU arm-elf toolchain as main component so you are
"on topic" here. ( http://en.mikrocontroller.net/topic/57448#new )

Please send your patches to mthomas(at)rhrk(dot)uni-kl(dot)de. I have
tried to take care about the upper/lowercase but obviously not
everywhere.

> Also, my personal annoyance is having memory space defined
> in multiple locations. I prefer that the linker script define
> exact locations and C and ASM to use globals defined
> in the linker script to reference the memory boundaries as
> needed.
>
> __STACKLOC = ORIGIN(STACK) + LENGTH(STACK);
>
> Is there some issue with WinARM that precludes this?

No, IRC there is at least one example in the "collection" where I have
used ORIGIN and LENGTH. But I think these functions are rather new and
not available in older version of the binutils-ld (or at least they have
been new for me until some weeks ago). Anyway, if you have already
patched sources just send patch-files. I will try to include your
improvements.

> I am also building the includes and scripts for LPC288X and
> the ARM9 side of TI Davinci and would be willing to submit
> your examples as ported to these with GCC.

Examples are alway welcome esp. for targets for which there are
currently no examples. Just send my your code and I will include it in
the WinARM example-collection of the next release and place them on the
"WinARM-pages". Please place your name in the source-files to mark it as
your work.

Regards,
Martin Thomas

Reply

Entering an e-mail address is optional. If you want to receive reply notifications by e-mail, please log in.

Rules — please read before posting

  • Post long source code as attachment, not in the text
  • Posting advertisements is forbidden.

Formatting options

  • [c]C code[/c]
  • [avrasm]AVR assembler code[/avrasm]
  • [code]code in other languages, ASCII drawings[/code]
  • [math]formula (LaTeX syntax)[/math]




Bild automatisch verkleinern, falls nötig
Note: the original post is older than 6 months. Please don't ask any new questions in this thread, but start a new one.